For Macie
So, Collin and Cayla's costumes were a bit obscure this year, but after the MC at the Franklin Park Zoo Costume Contest didn't know who Curious George and the Man with the Yellow Hat were last year, we figured, "Why bother?". Collin was Leonardo the Terrible Monster!

As you can see, Leonardo has a blue tongue. The original plan was for for Collin to suck on a blue sucker before he went trick-or-treating. However, I forgot to get one, so instead I dumped a bunch of blue food coloring into his mouth which quickly spread to his lips and other various body parts. Cayla, once she saw her brother's mouth immeadiately demanded that I do the same to her. They had so much fun making blue faces at each other that I think I may add a bottle of food coloring to our bag of tricks for the 16 hour MA/MI commute at Thanksgiving. But I digress. Cayla was 'the pigeon'.
Both are characters created by one of our favorite authors, Mo Willems. Cayla and Collin got Leonardo the Terrible Monster and Don't Let them Pigeon Drive the Bus from Uncle Bacon and Aunt JoJo a few Christmases (how do you pluralize that word) ago and we've all been hooked ever since. You all should be too, so look him up. If Flannery ever catches up on her mountains of work, she'll post videos of the twins' impersonations
11pm edit: Try this fun site. Goodnight for real.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home