Black hair
Here's a lovely, thought-provoking article on white parents, black children, and hair. I'll write about it next week (I promise). Go to town, Julie!!!!
http://www.brainchildmag.com/essays/fall2007_friedman.asp
A record (and a bit of commentary) on the minute details and everyday occurrences in Cayla and Collin's lives, that Flannery and Erica live for! Yes, it's a bit (OK, more than a bit) narcissist and we understand if this is the last time you visit. But for those of you not privileged to observe these little cuties 24/7, we thought we'd keep you updated.
Here's a lovely, thought-provoking article on white parents, black children, and hair. I'll write about it next week (I promise). Go to town, Julie!!!!
http://www.brainchildmag.com/essays/fall2007_friedman.asp
2 Comments:
ok Erica you've officially delayed my bed time by about 45 minutes. I'll curse you in the morning!!
Too tired now to write the full comment but will say that syncronicity is in the air--just today while reading one of my favorite adoption blogs the author referenced emotional issues in children related to being "normal preschool stuff" or a combo of it and "adoption issues"--she linked to a blog which I checked out and enjoyed--of course it's written by the same woman who wrote the article you referenced! When I read her blog today I actually thought of you, your kids, our kids and that it would provide us a good discussion at some point--seems like she may start us off on several good discussions.
Maybe on Friday night vs. a sunday--my coach is about to turn into a pumkin.
Julie
Sorry, Julie. But, you know how I love a good discussion.
Post a Comment
<< Home