Flannery just told me that I need to finish my paper (that was due today) so that I can blog about our fabulous trip to NYC (that I kept hidden from you all because the trip was a surprise to celebrate her parents' 40th wedding anniversary). But, I'm having trouble finishing my paper because Flan's Aunt Pen just joined facebook and she keeps commenting on my comments, so of course I need to comment back. Once again, let me say that it's a darn good thing that facebook and blogs (and really the internet) didn't exist while I was trudging through high school and undergrad. Can you believe that I played solitaire with actual cards to procrastinate while studying in middle school. Recently, this has come up a lot, because it was during my middle-school-studying/procrastination days that I taught myself to "bridge" the cards post shuffling. Cayla REALLY wants to learn how to do this (the girl who barely has the fine motor skills to zip a zipper) and I told her that it wasn't until I was 12 that I learned to bridge. And, that she doesn't get nearly enough homework yet to break it up with bridge procrastinating solitaire.
Life under Cayla, Collin, Greta, and a Person Who Takes Nutrition Classes
A record (and a bit of commentary) on the minute details and everyday occurrences in Cayla and Collin's lives, that Flannery and Erica live for! Yes, it's a bit (OK, more than a bit) narcissist and we understand if this is the last time you visit. But for those of you not privileged to observe these little cuties 24/7, we thought we'd keep you updated.
Monday, April 20, 2009
But, I'm not going write about NYC. Instead I will share with you a little butter anecdote. We celebrated Easter with my parents yesterday and our lame addition to my mom's feast was some bread and butter. Fancy butter. Yummy pricey Calder butter.
Last night we were beat after a long, busy week and our fridge was empty since we haven't been grocery shopping in a while. So, the kids lunches were a bit lame. The main course was breadsticks and butter (lots of it - the fancy yummy one). Flannery just opened up Collin's lunch box and he had just 1 lone breadstick and ALL the butter. Mmmmm mmmm good.





3 Comments:
did you eat the pizza/salad? with butter?
Let's go to the farm when we come visit in the summer! I don't think D is afraid of cows anymore.
Yes, I can relate to the thrown together lunch meals that one has to make until the fridge is replenished.
Post a Comment
<< Home