create your own personalized map of the USA Life under Cayla, Collin, Greta, and a Person Who Takes Nutrition Classes: Game, pt 3

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Game, pt 3


Apparently kids' games are the topic of the week.


We have found our zen. We have found our game.




This is the game for my kids. They love it and in approximately 4 days time I will probably complaining to you all that all my kids want to do is play Old Maid. We have now played it about 37 times. It's simple. It's fast. It's on my girl's cognitive level. And, although, according to the official rules, the person who ends up with the Old Maid loses, my kids want to end up with her. This helps to muddle who wins and loses thereby decreasing the competitive accept of the game. You all had best watch out (especially those whose we spend 2 weeks with every summer). I think Cayla will soon start carrying a pack of cards with her and force Old Maid on anyone who crosses her path.


In fact, I may keep a deck of cards in my pocket as well so that next time I'm assigned to a Chutes and Ladders center I can slip it under the table and whip out my new perfect game . . .


(Photo from Flickr user whimsey
studios
. I'm pretty sure it's the deck I had as a kid. What do
you think, Mark?)

3 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

t minus one hour...i have my old maid cards ready.
katie

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know how I said Friday that I used to play Old Maid during speech therapy sessions at my old job to make it less boring? Well I did it using that EXACT same deck of cards!!!!!! How weird is that? and after I too was subjected to playing Chutes and Ladders as a volunteer at a center. This week has been a crazy one for coincidences I tell ya.
Julie

 
At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that deck definitely looks familiar...
Dalya and I may have to introduce you to Penguin Pickup...

-R

 

Post a Comment

<< Home