Input needed
Flannery is scheduling her classes for next year and trying to decide between:
- Logistic Regression and Survival Analysis
- Applications of Generalized Linear Modeling
- Applied Econometrics
- Microeconomic Theory II
I had no input since I have no idea what the heck she's talking about. 'Hard' and 'boring' are words that come to mind. I'm not sure how our lively dinner conversations about food stamps and poverty and community programs and racism and beanless households come out of classes such as these. She needs to choose one from the above list. Which one would you recommend?





2 Comments:
we just learned survival analysis in my advanced econometrics class and it was pretty cool. We did logistic regression last semester... also not bad. Not sure what "applied econometrics" implies but that was the class in which we learned logistic regression (aka logit). As for microeconomics, I hate econ, but it's good to know it, and the language so you can effectively argue against those who use it.
I vote for ... Survival Analysis just because of the name. It probably has nothing to do with figuring out how long you will last when you are stranded in the wilderness, (or on a mountain, or in the ocean, or wherever,) or whether you should pack a Leatherman or a pick axe,
but, well, at least you can think about such adventures while you're working on the out-of-this-world algebraic equations.
Post a Comment
<< Home