create your own personalized map of the USA Life under Cayla, Collin, Greta, and a Person Who Takes Nutrition Classes: Hospital Ramblings

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Hospital Ramblings

I think all 4 of you who read this blog know that my Dad is in the hospital right now.  For those of you who don't, Flannery is at home playing stay-at-home-mom while I am off in Cleveland pacing the hospital coridors.  His surgery (aortic valve and replacement with a homograph) Monday and because his blood wasn't clotting, they couldn't close his chest up.  He was stable by tues morning, but the surgeon had a few emergencies to take care of, so here we are wednesday afternoon with a sedated dad with an open chest.  Basically, I've had a lot of time to think while pacing.  Welcome to my stream of consciousness . . . .

  • I can't stand typing on the iPad.  I'm glad I have it, don't get me wrong:). But this post might not be that long.  How do you iPhone people do it?
  • I enjoy being in hospitals.  In general, I find their energy exciting and comforting.  This really makes no sense to me, but I am taking it as a good sign.
  • My mom should have been a doctor.
  • Why are hospitals packed with fast food restaurants?
  • So glad my darling children are not in the ICU waiting room with me.  Thank you Flannery and our wonderful village of friends watching our kids.
  • Puzzle books how I love you.  You calm my pacing in ways that tv, novels, and Internet can't even touch.
  • I love nurses.
  • My mom watches bad tv, really loud bad tv.
  • However, my interest was peaked last night by 60 minutes report on medical tourism.  Perhaps we should have flown him it India for his heart surgery.  Then I could be doing yoga instead of pacing and eating what I can only assume would be much better food.
  • I am really appreciating all the artwork in this hospital.  And the windows, natural light, and potted trees.  Honestly, it's very calming.
  • Humus should not be sweet.
  • All hospitals should have an open air roof.
  • I love mint tea.
  • Buy Starbucks stock.  Doctors alone will keep that place afloat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home