create your own personalized map of the USA Life under Cayla, Collin, Greta, and a Person Who Takes Nutrition Classes: A Photo is Worth 1000 Words

Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Photo is Worth 1000 Words

So, I just weeded through about 400 mindfair photos (like the one below) and 400 Florida wildlife photos to find some actual people.

So, with no further adieu, and in no particluar order . . .

Aunts and Uncles (and moms and sisters) make excellent hockey spectators. The happy sister spectator is achieved by plugging her into an iPod and buying popcorn from the snack bar. Which is good because . . .
. . . Collin really loves his hockey. The kid is a goner. He loves to play. And, I mean LOVES to play. It's over for now, but he's counting down the days until the next session begins.
So, the splashing water and low-light make for crappy photos, but the twins loved their visit to to the water park. Loved. I wonder how Collin would rank water parks and ice hockey. 1st place would be a tough call for that kid.


We snuck off to Florida in early February to visit Flannery's parents. It was my first time there (aside from a very brief rugby roadtrip that barely counts because all I saw was a hotel room and a rugby pitch). And, once again we forced the kids to become Junior Rangers. This time in the Everglades, which was filled with alligators.
Spend some time this weekend reclaiming our backyard from the ice rink (the rink that never happened . . . )
We're in the age of iPods. The kids love their music. And we love what it does for Cayla. She's a much happier, calmer kid when she has her headphones on. Had we know this, we probably would have plugged her in years ago!
Mindfair time again. Poor kids with the non-working science teacher mom. Cayla build on last year's theme and did another hamster experiment (What Do Hamsters Do At Night?)
Collin learned why cookies have eggs, butter, and baking soda in them. Someday, they will realize that doing a mindfair project is an option, not a requirement. But, lucky for me, they are still in the dark!

4 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for the "control" cookie!
-Rachel

 
At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're back in town and back on-line--I just realized I'd never even asked about how the Florida trip was or how Splash Universe was either! Great to see the mind fair photos too--and curious to know what hamsters do at night......

Julie

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Baby's family said...

They sure are growing up!

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Erica said...

@Rachel - hooray for all cookies!

@Julie - fun was had everywhere. I love water parks. My kids love water parks. I think Cayla is at her happiest and best when plunked in the middle of a park.

@Baby - I know. They really are. And, so is your baby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home