Happy Birthday, Dr. King!
I love having 7-year-olds! They are so passionate. They go into things full speed and full heart. They own things. They can really get into the meat of things. And, they spend so much of the day singing.
For so many years* now we have been reading to them and talking to them and celebrating things and dragging them all over the place. And, people - they were paying attention and they were absorbing. At seven years of age, they are owning things. They are taking charge. They are leading the traditions.
*OK, 5 years is not that many, but almost a lifetime to 2 little pipsqueaks.





2 Comments:
Thank you Erica! And Collin and Cayla too. This is the first year Dalya's really starting to get it. We watched Dr. King on Youtube today and she was so excited, "Oh! That's Martin! I know him because we've been talking about him at school."
This is very encouraging to hear, as parents sometimes wonder if they are making a difference. It makes me feel like though mine are stil young, I will see the benefits of what we have sown.
Post a Comment
<< Home