create your own personalized map of the USA Life under Cayla, Collin, Greta, and a Person Who Takes Nutrition Classes: End of Vacation Cold:(

Sunday, January 03, 2010

End of Vacation Cold:(

So, the kids start school tomorrow and Cayla has a cold - a fairly bad one. This is pretty unusual for her. She's no stranger to sickness, but it's usually a fever type illness (flu, infection, . . . ). In fact, I can't remember the last time she's had a cough and runny nose like this. She's got chronic lung disease, but other than a few bouts with pneumonia in her early years, it hasn't been too much of a problem. But, it is tonight - poor thing. I mentioned to her that she might have to stay home from school tomorrow. I knew this wouldn't go over big with her. That girl loves her school. She have been asking EVERYDAY if she, "gets to go to school today?". So, when I told her she might have have to stay home sick, she stopped what she was doing, looked me straight in the eye, and said, "Mom, if I have a cold tomorrow, then I'm going to school with a cold." She's not one to express her feelings with any clarity. They usually stay bottled up inside, come out in roundabout statements, or are released in pure meltdown form. So, I'm thinking a box of tissues and a few morning puffs on the inhaler are definitely in order tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Baby's family said...

Feel better Kayla! Evie had to stay home today with a cold as well.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Ugh. Poor Evie. We've been really sick this fall/winter. Hope she feels better soon and that her parents don't catch it:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home