create your own personalized map of the USA Life under Cayla, Collin, Greta, and a Person Who Takes Nutrition Classes

Friday, January 30, 2009

We're all doing really well here. I've stories to tell, but I'm too tired to write a bit, long funny, so I'll give you the highlights.

Cayla is flowering in her new class. The stress of the fall has just fallen off her and the rest of us. She is happy, animated, expressive, and "writing" up a storm at home. She gets to pick from the prize box if she earns her checks. So far she has come home with a bag of cheese crackers, a daffy duck video, a telescope (which I think is an old gun sight), a Hello Kitty bingo game, and other gems I can't recall right now. The telescope was quickly taken away after she bashed Collin in the head with it (about 5 minutes after I predicted that very thing to Flannery).

Collin is a hockey nut and usually makes in out to the backyard to skate at least once a day. He lives for his Saturday hockey class, which is the probably the most unorganized activity we've ever attended.

The kids love the snow and spend a good hour after school everyday playing in the dirty, icy mountain of plowed snow that sits in the corner of their school parking lot. It's pretty gross, fairly dangerous and looks like so much fun.

Collin told me today that only white people get pimples. I hope for his future teenage self that he is right ;)

Collin has had a bit of bad behavior welling up as of late. It seems to be running through his entire kindergarten class. The other day, after I asked him to do something he replied with, "No, you little farty head". Needless to say, he spent some time up in his room. But, me sending him to his room would have been more effective if Flannery hadn't been laughing her pants off.

We're still over-the-moon excited about President Obama around these parts.

We had an energy audit this week and basically we live in a house full of holes with no insulation in the walls. Bring on the caulk. Oh, and our hot water heater is not working right now. And, it took us 2 days to realize it. Now what does that tell you about us?

4 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Blogger Baby's family said...

Glad to hear that all is well! Tell Collin, sorry, all people get pimples! How cute!!!!

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger The Lils said...

I am laughing my pants off too.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Lily's Mama said...

Me three... So glad to hear that Cayla is flourishing!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Lily's Mama said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home