A record (and a bit of commentary) on the minute details and everyday occurrences in Cayla and Collin's lives, that Flannery and Erica live for! Yes, it's a bit (OK, more than a bit) narcissist and we understand if this is the last time you visit. But for those of you not privileged to observe these little cuties 24/7, we thought we'd keep you updated.
Friday, October 03, 2008
OK, I know it's been waaaaaaaaaay too long. First, let us blame it on the computer - the one that died last week, RIP my lovely eMac. However, since it only took me one day to go and buy a MacBook (we have been researching it for months) that's not much of an excuse. And facebook is definitely crimping my style, although it's been fabulous reconnecting with old high school and work friends. So, here's some thoughts:
The kids loooooooove kindergarten, but it is sucking the life out of them. It's as if they've been steamrolled by a Mac truck. And, let me tell you, I WILL be a different kind of teacher than I was before :). No homework, no flyers sent home, no book orders, no requests for family photos. Nothing. None of that. Especially not if I expect my students to eat dinner or sleep, which I now know is key if I want them at their best during school.
I love this MacBook.
C and C can do monkey bars (well, not more than 2/3 in a row, but they are so excited)
I'm fascinated by the effect of YouTube and other online stuff in this election.
We are adjusting Cayla's seizure medications (her doctor wants to phase one out), so get ready for the drama . . . .
Have I mentioned that we love Cayla and Collin's teachers. Poor Cayla is barely holding it together and her teacher thinks she is the cutest, sweetest thing.
OK, that's it. I thought I had a few stories to tell, but I can't recall what they were. I'm a bit afraid that I shall only be spitting out lame, infrequent posts since I'm taking a qualitative research class this fall. Enjoy!
2 Comments:
oooh. Qualitative Research!
I have a Mac Book and love it!
When DJ started Kindergarten he would fall asleep before I was even able to pull out of the parking lot.
Post a Comment
<< Home