A record (and a bit of commentary) on the minute details and everyday occurrences in Cayla and Collin's lives, that Flannery and Erica live for! Yes, it's a bit (OK, more than a bit) narcissist and we understand if this is the last time you visit. But for those of you not privileged to observe these little cuties 24/7, we thought we'd keep you updated.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Tidbits
We're glad that Collin and Cayla's school has the coolest playground in town, but I.cannot.drag.them.off.it at the end of the day. We were there until 5pm twice this week. And, really, this is fine. I just need to remember to bring a book.
We're coming up empty handed to the eternal, "What did you do at school today?" question, but that's OK. Lots of information slips out throughout the day. And, they let us know the good stuff: every fart, bee sting, and bite is explained to us. Yes, Rachel, I did say bite. One of the kids in Cayla's class has now bit a teacher and another student. And, of course, Cayla is over-the-moon with glee about the whole situation.
Cayla's teacher has reported her first day of mini-crying-tantrums. I give Cayla credit. She held it together for 7 whole days. Over what, you ask? First, she wasn't allowed to have scissors on the carpet. And, second, a mini-battle over what letter her name starts with. She insisted (to the point of crying and flailing her body parts) that her name, "BEGINS WITH AAAAAAAAAA!!!!" I wish her teacher luck. This is a long standing debate :)
Nothing to do with school, but Cayla and Collin participated in their first bike race. It was very fun and cute.
Oh no! not biting! in Kindergarten? Did it break the skin??
BTW, Dalya is still talking about the time Cayla got stung by a bee on our front porch...and is wondering when Collin and Cayla are going to take a nap here again.
2 Comments:
Oh no! not biting! in Kindergarten? Did it break the skin??
BTW, Dalya is still talking about the time Cayla got stung by a bee on our front porch...and is wondering when Collin and Cayla are going to take a nap here again.
I have no idea if it broke the skin - good question - just happy that Cayla wasn't doing the biting.
I read this to Collin and Cayla and they also wondered when they will again sleep at Dalya's house. Cayla suggested today. Ummmm - no.
Post a Comment
<< Home