create your own personalized map of the USA Life under Cayla, Collin, Greta, and a Person Who Takes Nutrition Classes: camping is good

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

camping is good


I took the twins off for a one-night camping trip over the weekend.  (Half of the intent was to give Erica a little break (you know, her first in 4 years), but then I proceeded to order her to spend the whole weekend cleaning her grandma's house, so she actually worked really hard and was just as exhausted as the camping crew).


So, we took off Saturday morning, stopped to buy the cocoa puffs and "chip snack treats", and headed off for our adventure.  We:
     -spent many hours at the beach.  I got very sunburned, Cayla liked to take short swims, each followed by a snack break (she chose Funyons as her "chip snack treat"; I am a sucker for high-fat, salty snacks, but those are just not good), and Collin worked on his surfing skills (using his kickboard from grandma).
     -roasted tofu dogs and marshmallows over the campfire
     -took a hike around the lake, which was cut short when the trail merged with a road
     -chatted with the fishermen/women on the fishing pier (well, of course, the twins chatted while I busied myself admiring the view)
     -peed in the woods and only got a few dribbles on the shorts (male volunteers needed to teach young boy to pee on the ground.  Collin generally refuses to pee anywhere except a toilet, but I think the vault toilet was scary enough that the woods became the preferred option).
     -all (yes, all) very much enjoyed using the water pump and fought over turns.
     -two-thirds of our party requested to sleep in a tent for many more than one night.  One-third of our party has a bruise on her hip from sleeping on her keys.

It was all quite fun, and we're planning to do it again soon.  We might allow Erica to join us next time, and we're definitely taking Grandma with us too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home