Computer Advice
OK - I know this is pushing it. This is not what I should be writing about after 4 quiet weeks. And whatever new computer we acquire has NOTHING to do with the twins (except that I will of course blog through all our travels . . . ). But, any advice on PC laptops - brands, stores, etc. would be appreciated. I've been an Apple girl from my early days of playing Oregon Trail on Apple IIGSs, to teaching computers in an Apple school district, to my lovely iMac and eMac. Flannery experienced PCs in her former (hee hee) job field, but converted with the advent of iPods, iTunes, etc. . . . We really need a laptop and it really should be a PC and I can't just go the Apple Store and Apple Website to figure out what we need and where to buy it, so do tell.





6 Comments:
I got my flat screen monitor from this website, and at that time shipping was free.
http://www.cnet.com
Get a MacBook from MacMall, for a few bucks more you get Windows pre-installed. The new Macs run OSX or Windows so you can do which ever one you like on the same machine.
we got our desktop from dell... and i got a student discount because i'm a student...so check out whether tufts offers this too.
Thanks for the ideas and info, everyone.
Mark, I was worried that Mac wouldn't really support Mac technology. I heard some bad stuff about Vista. But I just read about Bootcamp. Do you know anyone who runs Windows stuff on their Mac?
Mac will support Mac programs and all that no problem. You don't need to load Vista, you can just load/run XP. You can then boot in OSX or XP.
Thanks for all the advice. Tufts didn't offer any good discounts (the IT people told Flannery not to buy it through them) and the MacBook was just too pricey compared to the cheapest laptop from Best Buy. So, we bought one for $500 - no frills. Sigh . . . . the Apple laptop has once again slipped through my fingers!
Post a Comment
<< Home