Time Flies
I can't believe it's been a week since I last posted (you're right, Julie, over a week - sorry!). We haven't been that busy, but we are getting ready to head out to Michigan next week! Collin and Cayla are very excited to see "GRANDMA and GRANDPA" (said with emphasis!), "do the skateboard down Dido's driveway" (my parents have a long, inclined driveway which they like to fly down on my brother's old skateboards - tummy on the board, surfer style), and "see all those other people" (you know who you are :)). Flannery, the eternal organizer is excited to bring home stuff we didn't really use this year and are planning on putting in our attic. I am excited because I am allowed to buy candy for 16 hour road trips.
Cayla is absolutely addicted to the computer (I blame this on the Apple Store). At first we decided that she could just use the computer at the library, not at home. But, then all she wanted to do the entire time we were in the library was use the computer and their games were way too advanced for her. So, then I started letting her "type" at home on Word, which she loved. But then she asked (whined, crabbed, demanded, . . . ) to use the computer all day (from the minute she woke up until the second she fell asleep) at home. So, we are back to using the computer only at the library - we found one computer with a word processing program (AppleWorks). She literally radiates pure joy and happiness and excitement while she types, "Look at my letters!!!! I'm doing e-mail! I make a "C"! Look at me, Mama!" No computer is safe. Don't say I didn't warn you . . . .
Collin has been dancing a lot lately. He puts Beethoven on his tape player and ballet dances all around the house. His dances often involve flowy pieces of material. Batman and African-Americans often make an appearance. I promise to get a video soon. His dances are often short and the audience (anyone in the same room) is expected to clap. Don't say I didn't warn you . . .
Collin can do his own hair!





1 Comments:
Is he growing out his hair, too? I love it!
Post a Comment
<< Home