create your own personalized map of the USA Life under Cayla, Collin, Greta, and a Person Who Takes Nutrition Classes: Pete's A Pizza

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Pete's A Pizza

OK - have any of you every read this book to Collin?



We were in the library today and he pointed at this book and said, "I want the pizza book". So, either he's seen this book before or he can read. Since the only letters he can identify are "Z" and "C" and maybe "O", I don't think it's the latter. Flannery observed that the kid's head looks a bit like a pizza, but I'm not buying it.

(Sorry about the lack of posting this week. Our computer died last week. I'm talking-black-screen-with-white-letters-asking-for-a-login-die. We took it into the Apple Store on Friday and while Flannery and I sweated over the fact that they couldn't get it to do anything for about 20 minutes our children HAPPILY played kid's games while sitting on funky, black balls - the Apple version of a kid's chair. For the next hour and a half (!?!?!?!?) Cayla was in heaven. She hopped from computer to computer singing along with Dora, screaming out her ABC's, stamping on KidPix, and changing the volume on every other child's computer. "I make it louder for you!", she proudly proclaimed before hopping off to her next victim. I didn't feel too badly, since all the other kids were either total zombies, doing the same thing as her, or weren't really kids at all. One "kid" whom I estimated to be about 14 years-old played one of the pre-school games for about 45 minutes while her friends went off to buy a necklace. They came back with a diamond-covered "J" on a silver chain for the bargin price of $49. Anyway, our computer is working fine now. Mental note to self: Next time we have nothing to do we are heading to the Apple Store. Second mental note to self: Although Cayla and Collin don't seem to give a hoot about TV, computers make them absolutely giddy - time to figure out a plan. Third mental note to self: Since every Apple store I have visited has been in a mall, our next computer will not be 50lbs - this is way too much trouble to lug around a mall everytime we need to seek professional help.)

2 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once strapped the CPU of my computer onto the book rack of my bike, and then biked through the maze of downtown A2 to get to the technical support place. Can't imagine doing that with your computer. I often contemplate the convenience of a laptop, but then I remember that I have a mortgage to pay, and that Zingerman's, Vintage to Vogue and ACE Hardware are evil, money sucking establishments.

Maybe I'll win one from one of your contests.

A note about making biscuits (i.e. buttermilk). Forget using the cutouts, just plop the bowl of dough onto a baking tray (line w/ parchment paper), pat down to required thickness using floured hands, and bake as directed. The result is a huge oblong biscuit, but just break off a piece and enjoy! I like this method b/c there's less mess.

I think Pete's head looks more like a calzone.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Maybe I'll win a laptop from one of my contests! Maybe I'll win a mongo biscuit. Or, maybe Collin will, since he is smart!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home