create your own personalized map of the USA Life under Cayla, Collin, Greta, and a Person Who Takes Nutrition Classes: Reuben!!!!!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Reuben!!!!!

Collin and Cayla have a love/hate relationship with Reuben, our neighbor's giant dog. He's a bit energetic and quite big - some sort of Saint Bernard. Reuben goes on many walks and the twins can spot him a mile (OK, a block) away. Whenever they see him, they start screaming and jumping and often run towards him. However, as soon as they get within a foot of him, they freak out. They really, really want to pet him, but Cayla doesn't like dogs much, and Collin is wary of anything that is big, makes weird noises, or moves. Reuben's lovely, patient neighbors always have him sit or lay down for the kids and encourage them to pet him. Unfortunately, Collin usually hides behind my legs and Cayla backs far, far away - whining and crying abound. Inevitability Reuben trys to lick one their faces or just walks toward them, and they dissolve into hysterics. Reuben's owners apologize profusely. I apologize profusely and we part ways. About 3 seconds later, the twins look at me and say, "I want to pet Reuben! Where's Reuben going? I want my Reuben! I want to pet Reuben!!!!!!"

And today - THEY DID!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home