For Julie . . .
. . . who I'm sure is reading blogs and eating bon-bons right this minute.
We have had a marvelous 2 days. The Paganders kids came over for most of the day (ie. The twin's waking hours) on Thursday and the Angeli girls spend the entire day here today and are spending the night! I am in my element and loving it. Flannery seems pretty happy too.
We've been trying to visit with everyone as much as possible before the big move this fall. However, in our quest to keep our house spotless we haven't had too many people over here lately. I don't know why, it's much more fun to entertain when the house is clean and organized (did I say entertain?).
Anyway, it's been non-stop fun here. Thanks to 'lil D for inventing the food coloring experiment that has been a huge hit this week. The basic materials include a large bucket, lots of cups, and a few bottles of food coloring. I'd also recommend 32 oz food coloring refills, available at GFS. Optional materials include old medicine syringes, a play kitchen, and comfortable lawn chairs to watch the young scientists. I'll let you imagine the messiness and fun that ensues.
Along with food coloring fun, we managed to fit in painting, "babydolling", a trip to the playground, and lots of playdough time. Lil D actually created a figure of her mother, performed a c-section, and produced a dough baby. Macie perfected her haircutting skills. In addition, we ate almost 5 pounds of blueberries.
I have had a grand time, but I'm a bit tired. Don't get me wrong - send your kids this way anytime! However, today during our pizza dinner, Flannery commented that we could do 4 kids no problem. And she liked the age spread: 2, 3, 3, 4. Let me remind you that she had been home about 45 minutes, and all four kids were sitting outside happily eating pizza. My answer, "No way!"





1 Comments:
Note: I was not mad that when I came to get my daughter from your house and 50 percent of her skin and clothing was dyed red and green. On the contrary, I feel very lucky that my children have the opportunity to soak themselves in food coloring while a fun laid back adult eggs them on. They need that after my anal retentive outbursts like "how in the hell did you get peanut butter in your ear!" and repeated bleaching of their stinking plastic sandals due to extreme foot odor. I don't know what we'll do when the fun moves to ASS-achusetts.
Katie
Post a Comment
<< Home