dEcEmBeR 5
It never fails to surprise me how exciting a pack of gum is to my kids. And to be able to pick whatever flavor they wanted; I just gave them the moon! There was a lot of smacking and cracking on the car ride home:) Little man finished his in 13 hours. I think he never put less than 2 pieces in his mouth at any given time and swallowed every single piece. I wonder if the fact that he currently has 40.5 grams of gum in his digestive system is related to the fact that he has been complaining of a stomach ache all evening. The little lady has been carrying around her bright green box of watermelon gum everywhere we let her. I had to pry it out of her hands this morning because we try not to let food leave the kitchen/dining area. She is a hoarder of stuff and can never get enough "stuff". I try to be sympathetic knowing her history, but get that gum out of the pocket of your homework folder! At the same time little lady is generous with her "stuff" beyond a doubt. She has already happily, (and unprompted!) shared her odoriferous cache with her gumless brother and a visiting social worker. She truly has a heart of gold. Cayla and Collin, being 11 now, went for some 3-hour-mints in a hard, plastic case. I did notice however, that Cayla helped herself to Flannery's obnoxious green apple gum. You can smell it a mile away. Unless little lady's smelly watermelon gum is nearby. This is not food. It is probably too much. And, there is not a speck of a plant in it! And, now that I've told you more than you ever wanted to know about my kids' gum habits, I'll bid you adieu.






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home