And now we are 6!
Sorry for the cryptic post yesterday. I wasn't sure what I was allowed to post online. Now I've got clarification:) Flannery and I have been in the process of adopting and/or foster card for a couple of years now. To make a long story short, we had 2 foster kids, a 3 year-old boy and a 4 year-old girl placed with us on Thursday evening. We don't know anything about their situation other than what the older child tells us. And, if we did we wouldn't post it anyway:) Since the last three days have been crazy, hectic, exhausting, live minute-to-minute kind of days, I'll continue in that style with a couple disjointed thoughts.
-permed (straightened) hair is sooooooooo much easier to style than natural hair
-requests for McDonald's continues to pepper our conversations - Flannery and I are in talks
-Cayla is the best big sister ever - having 2 crazy little ones in the house has done what years of therapy, trials of medication, sensory activities, homeschool, yadda yadda, weren't able to do - I'm sure we'll hit a wall at some point, but for now it's lovely
-their temper tantrums PALE in comparison to anything Cayla has thrown our way. You're not hurting others, you're not hurting yourself, you're not running out of the house down the sidewalk in underwear, you're not ripping a swing out of the front porch, no broken glass - then I will calmly, happily wait for you to finish screaming at the top of your lungs and writhing around on the floor:)
-Some of my conversations with the older one are positively heartbreaking
-Scratch that last entry about good sleepers - why did I have to go and open my big old mouth
-I can't post photos, but let me know if you want one and I'll get one to you:)





1 Comments:
That is awesome! I definitely want a photo! Let us know if you need anything!
Post a Comment
<< Home