create your own personalized map of the USA Life under Cayla, Collin, Greta, and a Person Who Takes Nutrition Classes: PK

Sunday, September 23, 2012

PK

Collin has lived his life's dream and he's only 9 years-old.  Pretty impressive if you ask me.  His soccer team was in a tournament this weekend.  They made it to the final and the game ended in a tie.  After a scoreless overtime, they did a penalty shootout!  A penalty shootout!  Do you know how many penalty shootouts this kid has watched on YouTube?!?  More than you and I, I can tell you that much.  A penalty shootout!  How many penalty shootouts does a person experience in their lifetime.  We tried to tell Collin, not many, as he practiced his "pk's" in the backyard.  He'll never believe another word we say:)  But here is the best part.  He was the last kicker for his team.  If he made the goal his team would win . . . I'll let him tell you in his own words:)  And, I'll add photos as soon as someone on the team who took them e-mails them out:)




I am on the Michigan Tigers travel soccer team U-10 boys.  We had 2 games, one was the quarter final.  And, then there was the final.  And, we played the game, the first game, and we tied 2-2.  And, that made us first in our division.  The second game we won.  The game was tied 1-1.  And, the game was over.  We got a little confused because we thought we were just going to take pk’s.  But then we played 2 times of 5 minutes of extra time.  It was still tied, so then we went to pk’s.  We got first kick.  And I was the last kicker.  And, all my team kicked.  We went back and forth, back and forth in a pattern.  So, it went blue, red, blue, red, blue, red . . . . all the people that were on the field.  We scored 3 out of 6 of pk penalty kicks.  The other team scored 2 pk’s actually.  I was the last kicker and I scored and we won the game!!!!!!!!  So, we won.  Then we ran to the parents and cheered.  Then, we ran back and did our stretches.  And then, me and Conner were the leaders of the stretching.  After that we had to go to the tent and get our medals and team trophy.  And, we took a couple of pictures.  One of the pictures was just our team and then the second picture was goofy.  And, then we had all the parents come in behind their kid.  It was quite a soccer day!  I felt happy that we won.  Oh, and we played the same team earlier and then we played them again.  The end.

-Collin

I figure he may as well quit soccer.  You have to quit while you're ahead:)  He breezed past his crazy mother and went to bask in his glory!

2 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Blogger Anca said...

Collin,
ask the mom to play this song for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY

Because ... you are the champion!

Congrats!!!

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Rachel L. said...

Hooray for Collin!!! I will let Dalya read this when she gets home from school b/c she has been hit by the soccer bug. That sounds amazing :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home