create your own personalized map of the USA Life under Cayla, Collin, Greta, and a Person Who Takes Nutrition Classes: December 1

Thursday, December 01, 2011

December 1



I've been meaning to do an advent calendar forever, you know because we are so religious and all. However, I needed to make one first. I thought it would be nice to sew one or create one out of wood. And, then, someone on the internet had the brilliant idea to just decorate 25 envelopes and hang them up. Perfect! I had nice big stack of envelopes that I had from my Grandmother's house just itching to be used. But, then I had the problem of what to put in them. We do not need 25 more things in our house, no matter how small or cute. Candy seemed the obvious choice, but no one in my family really appreciates candy except me. Then I saw the 25 book idea that was circulating around the internet. Perfect! We love books. But 25 . . . . that seems like a bit much. And, then I hit upon it - an advent calendar of activities - perfect! I have to admit that some of the envelopes behind the twins are empty. I didn't want to put stuff in until I'm sure we're actually going to do it. I think we might get a Christmas tree on Sunday, but I'm not sure. And hopefully we actually go the make-a-tile workshop on Saturday . . . .but we'll iron out those details during each eve:)

Tonight I give you December 1.
December is here! Let's eat hot fudge sundaes BEFORE dinner to celebrate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home