The milestones keep on coming . . . .
So, Cayla got her first pimple yesterday, and she was pissed! I had a long week of subbing and was dismissing my kindergarteners when Cayla came storming up the hall. She told me that her chin hurt and I assumed she got hit with a ball, or bumped it, or one of the other monumental injuries she seems to incur on a daily basis. But I took a closer look while bidding my sweet 5-year-olds goodbye and scanning for their families, and realized that this was no normal bump. Oh, no, puberty is here coming closer. I told her it was pimple, in between high-fiving my babyfaced charges, and that it wasn't a big deal. I pointed out a few on my face:) But, she was indignant and kept saying, "But I don't' want a pimple! How come I have to have a pimple?!?!?!?!? It hurts!!!!!!!" Um, yeah, good luck with that kid. Poor girl carries the weight of the world on her shoulders. I'm not sure if the kindergarten parents picking up their kids caught what she was carrying on about. While their charges are losing baby teeth and learning to ride bikes we've hit pimples. We.are.so.not.ready.
Cayla actually iced it when she got home (her idea) and it's gone down this morning. So, pimple #1 never reached the dreaded white head stage. Too much information, I know. But, remember, I'm a little kid person. I'll make your baby laugh, and get your 2 year-old messier than you ever thought possible, and play hide-and-go-seek with your 4 year-old. But, pimples, aaaaahhhhhh. This is uncharted territory and we're so glad that you all are along for the ride!





2 Comments:
:-)
The pimple woke up that morning and said "mommy,mommy, I got a Cayla on my back!!!"
And the pimple mom said it's all going to be all right.
Missing you!
happy treat and tricking.or trick and treating.
The pimple has gone back to sleep. Thank goodness.
Post a Comment
<< Home