Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree
So, we went off to cut down a Christmas tree a few weeks ago and had an Your Eyes Are Bigger Than Your Stomach moment. Our living room now (barely) contains the biggest tree we will ever have. Our kids, of course, are delighted.
I was a little jaded by the whole experience because the Sunday we decided to go get a tree was supposed to be a hair day. Flannery promised me that we would go out early in the morning and that I'd have the rest of the day to wash and braid and twist. But, Collin had a later practice that day (8am . . . ) and Cayla and I became engrossed in some art project. And, the tree farm was almost an hour away and we had promised the kids we would go ice skating later that day. And, who wants to wash hair when there is a Christmas tree to be decorated (I do. Collin doesn't. Cayla REALLY doesn't.)? And, in order to decorate a tree, one must stand it up somewhere in one's house. And, in order to stand it up in the normal Christmas tree place in one's house, one must rotate the dining room table to accommodate its great size. And then, a couple of Moms need a few minutes to decide that that won't work at all. So, those Moms decide to move an armchair into the dining room, rotate a couch around, put a play kitchen up in the attic, and allow one's living room to become mini forest for a month. And, then one of those moms forces her children into the bath and demands that decorating will commence the following day. Luckily, locs don't need to be twisted every time they are washed and flat twists can cover a lot of ground quickly.
So, may I present . . . the search for the 'too big tree'. I've yet to take a photo of it up and decorated. Our camera lens can't contain it, but I'll work on it this week:)





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home