create your own personalized map of the USA Life under Cayla, Collin, Greta, and a Person Who Takes Nutrition Classes: Comfort food

Friday, November 20, 2009

Comfort food



Do you all know about this book. We love it around here. I always think of it as a Thanksgiving book, but now that I think of it, I can't recall if they eat turkey or mention Thanksgiving. But it's a cute counting book about a family shopping for a feast (they count up to 10) and then preparing and eating the feast (they count back down). It's very simple - a sentence a page - I think they might rhyme. The illustrator used collage, my favorite! The kids love it. I pulled it out because Cayla's classroom is more into the traditional Thanksgiving stories and images, which I can't stand. I'm organizing her class's annual dessert feast and so help me if pilgrim/indian activities come out.

And, speaking of food, I think our family has finally settled on a top comfort food. You know the meal that you want your parents to cook when you come back home after a long time away? The meal you cook when the whole house has been sick for a week and Flannery turned away her own homemade soup because the onions were too strong. For dinner tonight we needed bland and nourishing. We had baked potatoes, coleslaw, and sushi rice. Flannery discovered baked potatoes and coleslaw when she visited Ireland a few years back. So, so yummy. You must try it.

1 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Casselle said...

This is one of our fav coutining books.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home