If you are wondering why I'm blogging so much, it's because I've sworn off facebook until I finish my papers. I mean really swore off - I had Flannery go into it and change my password.
We had a lovely Sunday around here. Flannery made buttermilk biscuits for breakfast, which are Collin and Cayla's favorite breakfast ever. Cayla has trouble remembering the word, "biscuit", but she will describe them to us until she knows that we know what she is talking about.
Me: What do you want for breakfast, Cayla?
Cayla: Those things Queso makes.
Me: Queso makes everything around here, dear.
Cayla: Those round things, you know.
Me: Pancakes?
Cayla: NO!! Those things that you ate when you were sick in bed.
Me: BISCUITS!!!!!
Cayla: Yes, biscuits! Yes, biscuits! Yes, biscuits!
The kids went off on separate dates and they were ecstatic about it. (Note to self: Do separate things more often). Collin went to a much anticipated birthday party which was full of obnoxious, screaming boys. He loved it. Cayla spend the day with Flannery's parents and got to go to a Gospel Choir concert preformed by the kids at Grandma's school. Flannery got to play two ice hockey games (separated by a mere 4 hours - crazy woman). And I sucked it up and called Cayla's teacher. She said some pretty rotten things to us last Thursday and Flannery and I have been fuming all weekend. But, I'm glad I called her and didn't send out the e-mail I spent 2 hours composing last night. It was a mean e-mail. It's so much easier to be an asshole when writing an e-mail than when talking to someone over the phone.
And, we've made the momentous decision to skip holiday cards this year. Ahhhhhhhh!!!! So, um . . . .
Peace
We hope you and your family are well
Love,
Erica, Flannery, Cayla, and Collin





2 Comments:
What a great idea!!! I vote yes. Happy holidays to you all with love.
I'm glad you are in agreement, Gerri. That way, when I freak out and change my mind this weekend, I can remove you from the list:)
Post a Comment
<< Home