create your own personalized map of the USA Life under Cayla, Collin, Greta, and a Person Who Takes Nutrition Classes: A Lovely Sunday

Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Lovely Sunday

We went over to Uncle Bacon and Aunt JoJo's for waffles today.  Yum.  Oh.  Yum.  Imagine the best waffles you've ever had.  Top them with bananas, fried in butter and maple syrup.  Add some spoonfuls of peanut butter.  And don't forgot the dollup of whipped cream (not sure how one gets cream to whip like Dan does, but wow . . . ).  Flannery tried to stop Cayla from spooning an entire cloud of whipped cream into her mouth the minute she sat down, but who can blame her.


Post waffles we all staggered over to the couch and began a lazy game of Rock Band.  The Wii didn't appreciate Cayla's vocal rendition of Suffragette City which sounded more like the ABC song.  Flannery did bail her out a lot with her smoking guitar skills.  Collin loved banging away at the drums, until the songs actually started, at which point he just started at the TV screen.  And, Dan found the foot petal of the drums to be exhausting.  I think he was covering up a leg cramp.  I found my niche in singing Guns n Roses, although it may help if I learned the words.  And, Jody, Guitar Hero, Rock Band diva put us all to shame.  If you have no idea what I'm talking about, don't worry, I didn't before today.  Or, join us for Thanksgiving dinner, where it's rumored the Rock Band will make an appearance . . . 

3 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been a lousy commentor since you've moved back--sorry!

so--book fairs--yeah, not so much now that I'm the mom. I knew what we were in for so prepped Macie--"you're looking, not buying". It was still hard. Thank goodness they didn't have or she didn't see that Hannah Montanna microphone thing. And microphones are a great gift by the way. Our kids love their's. I wouldn't necessarily recommend ones with stands and chords though--they're always getting the chords twisted or choking younger siblings. The younger sibling by the way that has found the microphone on the cash register--you know --the one that's so fun to push the button and say "clean up on aisle three, we need a clean up on aisle three"? Well little Miss puts the entire microphone head into her mouth, pushes the button and bellows away. It's awesome! and quite a feat of coordination.

And in regards to Rock Band or Guitar Hero or whatever all those games are called--totally addictive are they not?!? I LOVE to be the lead singer. We usually set the drums to super easy (foot pedal only) and let Avery "Play' the drums while one of us pushes the foot pedal with our hand :-)

See you Wednesday!
J

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Damon + Maryam said...

We have rock band too. It is my LEAST favorite video game of all time. It is unbearably loud and I get a headache ever time it's played.

Glad U guys had fun though. Lol.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger The Lils said...

Sounds like good family fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home