create your own personalized map of the USA Life under Cayla, Collin, Greta, and a Person Who Takes Nutrition Classes: Sorry - the video is fixed!

Friday, December 05, 2008

Sorry - the video is fixed!

Hmppf - so, I just tried to post a comment on my last entry and apparently it was too long:

"Hi all,
Thanks for all your kind words. This whole situation has been going on all fall, and in truth, things really have seemed to calm down some. It's just that the official/paperwork/meeting stuff has finally got going.

And, Jessica, I am calling you tonight. You've just nominated yourself for the short list of people I talk to all night, everytime I get another form/meeting date/etc:)

Is "tier 2" part of RTF? If so, we were going to have an achievement meeting", which I think is the second tier of RTF, but it got cancelled because we requested a complete special ed evaluation (in writing this time - we though we had already done that). I don't know if she is getting a complete psych eval. I know that the school psychologist is giving her an IQ test and that she is getting a complete special education evaluation which includes observations and evaluations from an OT, a speech/lang, a social worker, the school psych, and the behavior person.

And, as for the behavior person, we've heard really good things about her from my friend who works with her at the special education preschool. She is a former speech and language pathologist :) who went back to school and got some type of behavior endorsement/degree (Julie?). She's part of a behavior team that is based at the pre-school, but also travels to all the elementary schools in the district to work with some lower el kids. The school district started the behavior team because a lot of AI kids who did fine in self-contained pre-school rooms were floundering in the mainstreamed kindergartens.

And, since we feel that a lot of Cayla's behavior problems have a root in her speech delay, we feel we are in good hands.

Zikes. Guess I had a bit to say!"


And, here's some fun to counter the gloom. Aunt JoJo sent me a video of the kids Wii Boxing at Thanksgiving. I don't what's funnier, the dancing 6-year-olds or the laughing aunt:)

3 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Lily's Mama said...

I'm waiting for your call:) Better yet, maybe we can get together for a play/talk date with the kiddos and talk about all this stuff. My classes are over for the semester, so my schedule is much more free. Let me know if you guys want to get together soon (or call:)

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Damon + Maryam said...

HA!!!! Love the video. You should get Wii Fit and tape them hula hooping.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger The Lils said...

Thanks for breaking it down for those of us who didn't...keep us posted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home