Cayla News
So, we are very excited, because today is the day that a member from the district's behavior team comes and evaluates Cayla. She's doing something called an FBA (a functional behavior assessment) to determine what specific behaviors are of concern, and the antecedents and consequences of these behaviors. She'll then come up with a behavior plan with Cayla's teacher that I think will include rewards for the desired behavior. Whether or not Cayla's teacher will utilize this plan is another story.
Flannery and I are very patient people and we have been more than accomodating to Cayla's teacher. However, the miscommunication (or should I say complete lack of communication) in this evaluation process and the unwillingless of Cayla's teacher to modify her expectations for Cayla has evoked the Mama Bear in Flannery and I.
Cayla's MET and IEP meeting are on January 13 - hopefully the light at the end of the tunnel. We'll keep you posted, and now that I've calmed down from last week's events, I'll start writing about them, so stay tuned.





2 Comments:
THat teacher needs her butt whooped. I have 8 IEP's in my homeroom and I modify for every single one AND document how I'm modifying. The school needs to do a better job in checking that teacher!
8 IEPs?!?!? Good lord, girl. The problem is that she doesn't have the IEP yet. January 13th, January 13th, January 13th . . .
Post a Comment
<< Home