random
The MRI (on Sunday) went well. Our rock star daughter didn't need to be sedated because she was able to hold still for 30 minutes. Wooooo Hoooo! Flannery jokingly told the nurses that Cayla liked band-aids over stickers and prizes. Needless to say, Cayla came home with pockets full of band-aids and a bag of Cheetos. We had a very happy afternoon full of orange fingers and a poor baby doll that was covered in band-aids.
I talked to the principal of the school where Collin and Cayla will attend kindergarten next year. We have until March 19 to decide between 5 options - 3 of which would require Collin and Cayla to attend kindergarten at another school or to be bused elsewhere for part of the day. The names of the different options: half-day, all-day, full day, extended day, or half-day w/ "K-care". I revel in educational choices and I think this is a bit excessive. In case you are wondering, we are leaning toward "Extended Day Kindergarten". More on this later. More than you would ever want.
We FINALLY went to a Harvard Womens Hockey game. Good thing, since it was the last one of the season (sigh). In Collin's words, "There was a band outside. They were not playing yet before they started. The referees had to warm-up. I was at the hockey game. I was sitting on a seat eating fluffy fluff." Collin and Flannery were mesmerized throughout the entire game. This bag of popcorn easily got Cayla through the 1st half. The second half was salvaged with a lot of laps around the rink and Collin's cotton candy (aka "fluffy fluff"). The final period was a period too many for Cayla. She got intimate with the back of the visiting band, wrapped her mouth COMPLETELY around the drinking fountain "thing" (the thing your mom told you not to touch with your mouth), and tried out every seat in the house.





4 Comments:
oooh I want to hear about the kindergarte options! and I totally agree about all the ridicuous names for them--my first year teaching I was more confused than the parents! I still have to look at my little cheat sheet describing each one before I talk to parents about them. Why would they have to go to a different building? I haven't heard that one before. You'll have to keep me informed.
And does this mean you picked to stay at Ebwh? Julie
I knew you would!!!!
Yes to Ebwh. They have no Full day there - I think we would be sent to Ab if we pursue that. And no All-day at Ebwh - we would go to one of the schools that have it, IF there was space (like Bry..). And no K-care at Ebwh - last year the 6 kids who enrolled were bussed to Di..ens, I think.
In fact, hmmmm, I should call you before we decide anything.
Hey old friend! I love your blog - you are an amazing writer AND mother!!! How do you do it?!? Anyways, I just had to comment on this posting... I worked in a "Kindergarten Crew" program for 2 years before Nataki - it's an extended day kindergarten. Anyways, it was great for the kids. Let me know more about your program and I can let you know if I have anything useful to share:)!
Take care of those darlings!!! Call/e-mail me, old pal!!!
~Jessica Garrett
Post a Comment
<< Home