create your own personalized map of the USA Life under Cayla, Collin, Greta, and a Person Who Takes Nutrition Classes: Scatterbrained

Monday, December 03, 2007

Scatterbrained

I think I'm giving up on organized, thematic, detailed blog entries until this semester is over (and I'm not the one taking classes). You'll just get lists for the next few weeks.

  • We've been listening to Prince a lot this year thanks to awesome 3 disc compelation from JoJo and Bacon. Collin has taken to calling him, "The Prince" - as in, "Mom, is this 'the Prince' singing?" It's funny to me how that little "the" changes him meaning so much, which cracks us up.
  • Speaking of language, Cayla and Collin continue to make up words on a regular basis. The more developed their language becomes, the more they make it up. Today at Dayla's they spent about 30 minutes cooking "cabash" or "cavash". It's a hot food that needed to be baked, fried, and just COOKED! It contained peanut butter, honey, and meat. The play food they used to make it looked suspiciously like latkes and geld. And, they never allowed the adults to taste it, so I can't tell you anymore.
  • After dinner, Collin was walking around with a piece of confetti shaped like a balloon (thanks, Grandma, it's EVERYWHERE!) and asking some garbled question about balloons, neighbors, and holes. After asking him to repeat himself 10 times, we figured out he was wondering if he pushed the piece of confetti though our rug would it fall through a hole onto our downstairs neighbors. It took me all evening to convince him that in addition to a rug between us and the rooms below us, there is wood and other stuff. In fact, I don't think I ever convinced him, but he's in bed now.
  • Flannery taught her Stats class today and apparently quite a few people came up to her after class and asked her if she's ever considered teaching. Her answer is a resounding NO, but the topic has been breached many times this semester. It's not like she'd be the first in her family.
  • Rocking out to the iPod

3 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you guys!
It's nice to hear from you. I've been thinking of you on and off--mostly to let you know that if we don't see you again until we're sitting in you living room next May I would completely understand. COMPLETELY. Where does time go? Did it pass this quickly before we had children or is there a time accelerator that gets pushed as soon as you become a parent? There was this other teacher at work showing me all these home projects she sends home, the newwletter etc--i told her I had to walk away--I used to be that person, I want to be that person and there is no way with little kids that I can be that person.

Oh well--that sounds like a personal therapy session that needs to be addressed ;-)

Anyway, we miss you, we're glad you had a good vacation, keep the tidbits and photos coming (that's what our kids love the most), I too think Flannery would be a great teacher, tell her Avery still practices her soccer moves once in a while and I have to go since Cayley is screaming. Wait till you see her-she is the MOST opinated 7 month old I have ever met!!!!!

Julie

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger laj said...

...and that's why CTSU is here for you. Behind every great teacher...

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Julie,
No - time flew even faster before I had kids. I never got anything done because I was teaching and trying to do 234,736 projects. Our wedding photos are still in a box in our attic, I always made holiday cards and never got around to sending them out, there are still assignments from my 4th graders of 4 years ago sitting in our basement that need grading . . .

And I can't WAIT to hang out with an opinionated kid under the age of 5.

LAJ - if Flan becomes a teacher, who will grade my 1st graders science quizes?!?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home