Random
Sorry about the lack of updates lately. I (after 3 years) have reentered the workforce and although I’m only clocking a scant 10 hours or so per week, it’s definitely crimping my style. No more blogging or eating bon-bons for me. In fact, when I checked my sister-in-law’s blog I was horrified to find that 4 entries have been posted since I last read it - and she’s writing a dissertation!
Anyway, the move this year has been rough on us all. As much as Collin and Cayla love pre-school, it’s taxing on them. Flannery is very busy and a bit stressed out (she got an 85% on a quiz and our household was in turmoil for days afterward). And me . . . . without going into pages of boring details . . . I am a basket case over health insurance these days– between wrangling over my knee surgery bills, and figuring out our new insurance this year, and getting the kids Medicaid switched over. . . . #$%#$%@$@ It will all be fine, but my emotional energy that used to be available for the blog has been temporarily sucked into the world of health insurance. But, since most of you read this for updates on Collin and Cayla and not grumping on the state of health insurance in our country today . . . .
Collin and Cayla have finally figured out a replacement for their tricycles of last year – CHAIRS. They had treadmills, lawnmowers (Flan’s favorite), cages, and battering rams going last night.
Cayla and Collin rejected their lunch today. In the middle of eating noodles Cayla stood up went the kitchen, got some peanut butter and a loaf of bread ,and announced she was making sandwiches for lunch. I took photos of the aftermath.





3 Comments:
Hey gang,
Sorry to hear about the icky stressors of life these days--this too shall pass I guess huh?
It's nice to see that it hasn't squelched the kids creativity at all isn't it? They look happy. the first photo makes me think that they have at least the first two minutes of a great circus act going on there. Maybe you should throw rings of fire into the mix for some flair.
Seriously though--here's the question---are there any marshmellow Peeps left in that pink Easter basket in the living room?
:-)
Miss you guys,
The Angeli's
Those pictures are sweet. Cayla's focused expression in the first one makes it look like the beginning of a kid-and-chair tower, ala Cirque du Soleil.
Oh, and it is precisely because I am writing a dissertation that so much blogging is getting done. This is important procrastination work, you know. :)
I don't like peeps. Although, I had a brainstorm last year to save some Peeps until summer and then roast them over an open fire. Yum - burnt, carmelized sugar over roasted marshmellows. And, then, nobody gave me any peeps for Easter. Oh, well. And, Julie, that is a book basket. We got the idea from you.
Ahhhh, laj, I should have recognized your prolifict blogging as procrastination tactics.
Post a Comment
<< Home