create your own personalized map of the USA Life under Cayla, Collin, Greta, and a Person Who Takes Nutrition Classes: It's a contest!

Sunday, February 11, 2007

It's a contest!

Why do you think these stickers are on our floor?





The winner will receive an original work of art or homemade pitas! We might even give out extra prizes to the most creative answer (although I warn you - the most creative answer may actually be the correct one).

6 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this the road to your heart?

Made the lemon-buttermilk cupcake recipe from that cupcake blog. The cupcake has a lemon curd center, and I made a buttercream frosting instead of the whipped cream used in the original recipe. I must say that I actually liked this one!

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Sorry, Julie! Karin won. She definitely knows the way to my heart. Here is our latest experiment:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57057319@N00/388044676/

Beating frosting without a mixer in a cold house has proved to be quite . . . um . . . strenuous.

No, I'm just kidding. OK, how about a week - all hypotheses must be in by Sunday, Feb 18. And, Julie, your 3rd guess was closest. Not close, but closest. I'd give it a lukewarm on the "cold to hot" scale.

 
At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After getting a closer look at the stickers, they definitely have that fuzzy look. So, there's something about the tactile guide in Julie's third guess...

Do the stickers have a scent?

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Erica said...

This is fun! If I had only know I would have encoded all my other entries.

The flickr photos are just cupcakes - nothing to do with the stickers.

The stickers have nothing more to do with Greta than any of us. They protect us all. And, no, they don't smell.

1. They are near the front door and window.
2. There are 5 altogether.
3. They may be there a few days or until we moved out. Our landlord promised to bring us a washer at least once a week for over 4 months. He finally got it to us mid-January.
4. Collin and Cayla got them for their b-day from Uncle Bacon and Aunt Jojo
5. They are not part of my 6543+ stickers left over from teaching and no one ever sat at their desks quietly in my classes.
6. I loved stickers! In fact, I still have all my sticker collections complete with smellies, puffies, and Garbage Pail Kids!

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger rachel said...

are you marking all the spots that you have seen bugs in the house until the terminator comes??

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked Julie's idea about the holes in the floor. I did notice what looks like a piece of onion skin on the floor next to the sticker in the first picture. =)

Ah, saving electricity. This has something to do with cold air coming through windows and doors. It has something to do with saving on the gas bill.

Second guess: you finally have a washer but you don't have a dryer. Do the stickers indicate where the laundry cord hangs so that people in the household taller than 2.5 feet (how tall are Collin and Cayla) don't decapitate yourselves?

This is Karin, by the way, in case I've won. =P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home