create your own personalized map of the USA Life under Cayla, Collin, Greta, and a Person Who Takes Nutrition Classes: A visit to the Library

Friday, October 06, 2006

A visit to the Library



Collin and Cayla went to the library yesterday and checked out their very own books. It's not as if they haven't gone to the library a gazillion times and it's not as if we haven't checked out 'a gazillion times ten or so' books. However, in the past, they were usually more excited about the fish tanks, cloth tea sets, legos, and computers than the actual books. In fact, I would like nothing more than to find a library without computers in their children's section, but that is a topic for another day.

It's true that we haven't been to a library in a few months, and the kids have changing immensely in those months. The twins, especially Collin, were VERY excited to pick out a book. Cayla randomly grabbed the squirrel book. She kept leaving it places as we walked around the library and made our way to the circulation desk. Collin insisted he wanted a 'monkey george' book (The twins have been obsessed with 'monkey george' since their grandparents took them to see the 'monkey george' movie a few months ago. The twins were riveted for the entire movie, and Collin apparently even sat through the credits.) After perusing the large selection of 'monkey george' books, Collin rejected his first choice of Curious George Visits a Firehouse and decided on the ice cream one.

The squirrel book hasn't been a big hit, but they have enjoyed the 'monkey george' book (again and again and again). However, what seems to garner the most interest is the due cards and paper pockets at the back of the books. I'm about ready to put paper pockets in the back of all the twin's books so that they will stop playing the real ones.

However, my favorite part of this story was Flannery's reaction to it. As I retold it on a walk this evening she remarked, quite surprised, "They have a Curious George section at the library?!". Yes, Flannery, the library has more than one Curious George book, and since they are all written by the same author, they are all shelved together. Flannery did have her first exam today, so we'll cut her some slack.

2 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know that there is an entire store devoted to Curious George in Harvard Square?

Flan, you'll be in heaven.

Did you guys send out your new address and we just weren't on your list?

Juliet

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Erica said...

That is not good. We will definitely avoid that store. And sorry about the non-communication. I have various excuses that I won't bore you with. I just gave my dad my address yesterday. My brother got my phone number 2 days ago . . . this weekend - I promise. How's your house?!?!?!? I think your big white wall is crying out for a huge Curious George mural.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home