create your own personalized map of the USA Life under Cayla, Collin, Greta, and a Person Who Takes Nutrition Classes: Toto

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Toto

A new little creature entered into our lives on Christmas Eve. May I present to you . . . .Toto the guinea pig.


We knew we'd be getting some kind of pet at Christmas. Cayla really wanted a hamster or cat. Collin was rooting for a rabbit or dog. So, using parent logic, we got them none of the above:) A dog is in our future, but we resisted bringing one home during the busiest, coldest time of the year.


I went into the pet store fully planning to come home with a gerbil or dwarf hamster. We had hamsters before whose entire goal in life was to escape. They also were not the best cuddlers - constantly biting and squirming. However, a couple of Cayla's friends have gerbils and dwarf hamsters and they seemed fine. However, it didn't take the lovely woman at the pet store long to talk me into a guinea pig.

The kids were super excited. Here's a horrible photo of Collin "taking a nap" next to the guinea pig after opening presents:)


And, here's a video of Cayla introducing you to our new pet!



1 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT was priceless and just made my day. And you know my lack of interest in rodent like pets. I almost said "awww" about this one though (granted it did not move much and could easily have been a stuffed animal --meaning it did not scurry or wiggle it's little nose). I love her color and like the name Isabelle Cayla. I also however like the name guinee or however you would spell that. I will have to come over to meet the little miss!
Julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home