
My halloween post was thwarted by the 5 photo limit. It is currently sitting half done and will probably never get finished. However, I have some time on my hands because Cayla's birthday cupcakes are taking forever to bake. I've been looking for an excuse to bake this cake for a while now. Cayla requested blueberry muffins to take to school. She later added that she wanted frosting on those muffins, so I convinced her that strawberry cake with a few blueberries would taste just as good. But, now, they won't bake . . . . so here I am.
We had a fun halloween. We all love the costume making and pumpkin carving. It's such a magical time. However, I need to remember that Cayla must be something soft and fluffy and comfortable next year. The general discomfort of walking around in a box got to her after about an hour and home we went while Collin continued to race from house to house. This of course meant that he made out with a ton more candy. Cayla didn't mind a bit EXCEPT that he scored a small bag of Cheez-its. Things got a little ugly over those Cheez-its, but we all recovered and as I glance over at the candy bowl, I see that no one has actually eaten them yet:)
So, tomorrow the twins turn 8. They.are.so.excited! This morning Collin picked out a button down shirt and tie that he plans to wear tomorrow. At bedtime he asked Flannery what 8 year-olds get to do. I can think of a few things, but I'll wait until he has his fun.
Well, the cupcakes finally baked so off I go to sample!
1 Comments:
WOW eight!! Happy birthday to the twins.
Post a Comment
<< Home