create your own personalized map of the USA Life under Cayla, Collin, Greta, and a Person Who Takes Nutrition Classes: The Early Birds gets . . .

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Early Birds gets . . .

. . . bored and restless?


When I was younger I was the sleep-in queen. In fact I still would be if it weren't for 2 little munchkins. I have so much sympathy for my Mom and her plight to drag me out of bed every morning. Seriously. It was ugly.

We've got the opposite problem around these parts. My kids wake up at the crack of dawn and are Ready.To.Go well before their appointed activities are ready to have them. The kids get dressed and eat breakfast all by themselves. And, if I'm not paying attention Collin gets on his shoes, coat, and backpack and tries to walk to school hours before the first bell.

Now this is handy when we need to finish homework, but they resist doing much else. Take this morning. The whole house was up at 7am. Cayla was on the warpath looking for some book and by 7:07 had emptied the book basket in her room, the book shelf downstairs, and some laundry baskets sitting at the top of the stairs. I collected (dragged) her to her room and attempted to contain her rage while Collin went about his merry way. At 7:20 he poked his head in the door fully dressed and asked if he could walk to school by himself. Sure I told him, but not an hour and 25 minutes before school starts. Go read a book, play some hockey, play your guitar, get out some playdough, go outside, etc., etc., etc. This continued all morning, as it does every morning until 8:30 when I FINALLY let them leave.

I'm not complaining. Thank goodness my kids are early birds, or we would never get out the house. And, I'm sure it will change the minute they hit high school and need to leave by 7am. But, for now, let's just say a lot of UNO games are played between the hours of 7am-8am:)

1 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Anonymous casselle said...

this is hysterical! funny how things play out the sleep in queen mother to two very early birds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home