'Snip, Snip'
So, I should be grateful that it's taken my children 7 years to give themselves a haircut. However, grateful was not the emotion flowing through my body when I sensed the 'snip, snip' coming from the bathroom last week. I guess, technically, I heard the 'snip, snip', but I was still sleeping and the 'snip, snip' was so quiet that I think my mother sense not my ears catapulted me out of bed and flying down the hall to the bathroom. And, technically, I wasn't sleeping. Cayla, who rises hours before I'm coherent, had come to me and asked me to help her put in a barrette that had fallen out of her hair. I told her not to bother because I was planning on washing her hair that morning (after the sun was up . . .). Apparently, she then decided to take out all her barrettes and rubber bands. And, week-old rubber bands aren't the easiest to get out, so 'snip, snip'. The damage really isn't too bad, but some would say my standards are pretty low. She cut out a chunk the size of a dime right on the top of her head directly in the path of her center part. It makes her center part look messy, but too short to do anything to. And, then she cut about an inch off a chunk on the the front right side of her head. As long as I put that chunk in its own twist or braid it's OK. But, I can't mix it with any other hair. Beyond that I've noticed little bits cut off here and there. She was busy.
The worst part: Cayla doesn't give a hoot what her hair looks like, so can't care less that she gave herself a silly hair cut. The best part: Cayla doesn't give a hoot what her hair looks like, so can't care less that she gave herself a silly hair cut.





2 Comments:
this is really funny and sad at the same time. I remember snipping my hair- I suppose it is a child's right of passage in some strange way.
I never cut my hair! Maybe I'm just a weirdo...At least it'll grow back.
Post a Comment
<< Home