create your own personalized map of the USA Life under Cayla, Collin, Greta, and a Person Who Takes Nutrition Classes: Robotic Dinosaur Takes the Cake

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Robotic Dinosaur Takes the Cake

We went to the local science museum with the gang today.  It was loads of fun.  Cayla had a rough morning, but it all melted away when she stepped through the doors of her beloved museum and saw all her friends.  Let this be a lesson to me.


On our way out, she spotted a robotic dinosaur.  It had some dinosaur name, was made of plastic, and in a real cage.  It moved and walked and cooed, and grunted when she pet it.  Cayla was mesmerized.  "Mesmerized" as in she had a desperate, kicking, yelling, screaming panic attack when I told her it was time to go.  I have no photos for you, but I'm assuming that I will in the future, since I doubt Cayla will ever do anything in the museum but play with this robotic dino for 3 hours straight.

Cayla has taken a huge interest in pets ever since she discovered that Carrie's dog fetches sticks.  Flannery and I were thinking they we may need to break down soon and get her a responsive pet (Greta, our dog, who is living with my parents for some undefined period of time does not play with kids.  The only thing she will fetch is a piece of hot dog.)  However, this robotic dinosaur has opened up some new possibilities . . . 

UPDATE:  I found out what it is.  Read more about the Pleo dinosaur here.  Or buy one here.

1 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dalya must be in sync with Cayla then. She informed she wants a horse for a pet. It would live at the playground. Or, we should live next door to a farm that has a cow, horse, chicken and duck. Note: she is still afraid to pet a dog and refused to look at any of the above animals when we went to Drumlin Farm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home