Tricycles (cont. by F)
So after dinner tonight, following an hour of pretending to ride tricycles around the dining room table and putting on their pretend t-shirt helmets, we actually went back out and rode the real deals. I thought we'd just go up and down the block, but when we got to the corner, Cayla went flying around it and insisted that she wanted to ride around the block. Our block is kind of long. It was an epic ride. It took an hour and a half. And we've got some elevation changes along the way. Downhill was very very fun for them and very scary for me, and uphill was very scary for them and, well, not so fun for me. Cayla liked to lift her feet up and run - down on the downhill, which if I didn't stop her every 10 feet she would go faster than I could catch her, and her steering's not the best, and also down on the uphill, as in, peddle for 3 feet up, then let go and run 10 feet back down until crashing into the grass. The first uphill crash actually scared her enough to make her pee. So then she wanted to take her wet pants off, so I let her. Then Collin wanted to pee to, until I explained that he could just take his pants off without actually peeing in them. So we completed the remaining 60% of the journey in undies. Which Erica was somewhat appalled by when I recounted the tale later - this from a woman who rode naked on her bike around her block! I mean, come on! Anyway, the twins finally pulled into their parking spots at 7:30 and were fast asleep by 7:50. I like it!





1 Comments:
and so a spin on the original question:: at what age is Erica considered a fully matured adult? =P
Considering that I am a bit older than Erica, I hope she isn't ready to fall from the tree.
Post a Comment
<< Home