create your own personalized map of the USA Life under Cayla, Collin, Greta, and a Person Who Takes Nutrition Classes: Seizures and Toys

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Seizures and Toys

I really shouldn't be on the computer right now, but I am in the midst of my first doctor call of the morning, and have just been told by the gentle, computerized voice that I am caller #6. Cayla had a seizure yesterday morning - a long, scary one. So, we are changing up her meds. It began at 8am with her not being able to stand up or hold her upper body up while she used the toilet. The problem is that wanting to be carried and doing gymnastics on the toilet are a daily occurrence for us, so I didn't realize that something was out of place at first. In addition to this interesting start, her seizure lasted a long time (20+ minutes) and her entire body was shaking (usually it's just her arms and mouth). But all is well now, Cayla is in school today (Thank God! She had to stay home sick one day last week and asked to go to school about once every 3 minutes - she loves the place!!!) and I am still on hold. . . . .onto toys.

We've been clearing our house out, so 90% of the kids' toys have been whisked away. This doesn't seem to concern them in the least. While Jeff was over on Sunday night (moving in red accent pieces and round coffee tables), the twins played with our pot rack for at least an hour. The rack was a boat, the chains were underwear (Collin came up with this one), and the hooks were better than legos. We did decide that heavy metal was not the best toy, so the pot rack disappeared into Flannery's amazingly sorted attic on Sunday night.

Last night, as Flannery worked in the kitchen, the twins turned their hair bench into a toy for about an hour. Apparently, all of the barrettes, balls, and holders we owned were scattered across the front room. Flannery put a stop to it when the twins started rubbing hair lotion on their bellies. I'm sure it smelled good, though.

Yes, I am still on hold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home