Fish Food

In hopes of counteracting Collin's constipation, we pump him full of fiber. Prunes, beans, popcorn - he loves it all. Our doctor suggested buying high-fiber cereal, grinding it up, and adding to anything he eats. We took the lazy way out and just dumped a bit on top of cold cereal. Hence, the Kellogg's All-Bran Extra Fiber in our cupboard.
Well, it's gross. Really gross. It tastes like cardboard. It's these long, thin brown fishfood like things that aren't even crisp. They melt in milk and stagnate in your mouth. Cayla (who eats ANYTHING) won't even touch them. I must admit, they taste fine in muffins, but we haven't baked any in a month. So, they've been in our cupboard a long time and I finally decided to eat them up by putting a handful in a bowl of cereal whenever I eat one.
As I got some out, earlier this week, to put on top of my Kraison Bran, Cayla asked me, "What's that Mama?"
"Fish food." I replied.
"I want fish food, Mama."
Now, in the past, whenever I put some on top of her cereal, she refused to touch the entire bowl. So, I put a little pile on the table for her, thinking she would eat a bit, make a face, and leave it alone.
Nope. She gobbled up the pile of All-Bran and said, "I want more fish food".
Then Collin got in the game. "I want fish food, Mama."
Collin is a pickier eater than Cayla, he won't like it.
Nope. Wrong again.
So, Collin and Cayla polished off a good cup of "fish food", dry, off the dining room table that morning. So much for grinding it into power and disguising it in their foods.





2 Comments:
Sorry, some type of serious crisis must have happened in the midst of this entry - pee on the floor, dog in the garbage, kids going out of the door since they can turn doorknobs now . . .
I can't wait to see the new baby!!!!!!!!
This reminds me of the evening when my mom thought I would not like the taste of liver...YUM! Try the Trader Joe's 'All Fiber' cereal. Lots of fiber and much tastier.
You Know Who!
Post a Comment
<< Home