Acadia!!!!
Flannery has Monday off, so we decided to take a quick trip to Acadia National Park. And, since our hotel has internet, I couldn’t resist . . . . The ride over here was long. Cayla was her usual “cranky-car trip” self. The only respite we had was she cracked herself up singing, “Mary had a poopy lamb, poopy lamb, poopy lamb . . . “ (this is pure 5 ½ - luckily it cracked us all up). The family bag of potato chips also gave a peaceful hour. The big, ugly toy-throwing argument between Collin and Cayla was whether Prince sings, “. . . .strawberry beret” (Cayla) or “. . . raspberry beret” (Collin). We have a lovely view of the ocean and can’t wait to be blow away by the park tomorrow. However, tonight, we explored the pool. I’ll let Cayla and Collin tell you about that (with a few “clarifications” from me).
Cayla: I ate a cookie in the car. I did at Maine. We swimmed and I got water in my nose. I did a somersault!!!!! (she really did – it scared the socks off us since she can’t swim and the somersault involved an underwater ledge that came awfully close to her head each time). And I jumped and I other swimming and that’s what I like. The end.
Collin: I like pre-school. And my favorite at Maine is eating jelly sandwiches (? - I don't think Collin has ever had a jelly sandwich and there were no sandwiches at all in the car) or cookies in the car is my favorite because I love them. And I . . . . the end. Wait I went across to the other side – to the other cliff that you can stand on. (ie Collin swam for about 4 feet from one underwater ledge to the other) The end.
Cayla: I want Collin to say something too. (which he just did. . . ) I wanted you to talk about him. So, Collin coughed because he it was salty in the water.
Collin: because I drink some salty water.
Cayla: Because Collin coughed because he drink salty water. That’s why he coughed.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home