Halloween
Halloween! Did I forget to write about Halloween? As you all know, Cayla was 'The Man with the Yellow Hat' and Collin was 'Curious George' or 'Monkey George' as he calls him. They loved their costumes and I don't think this is the last time you'll see Collin with a tail - keys in one hand and the tail in the other. Our trick-or-treating got off to a shaky start, after Flannery scared the begebers out of the twins (I mean, prepared them for kids with masks - see previous post). I'll admit that it didn't help that our neighbor's porch, the first house we went to (or should I say "attempted" - we didn't end of even getting candy from them), was decorated head to toe with many things including a skeleton with light-up red eyes. So, as it turns out, people live in our neighborhood - lots of them - and they buy lots and lots of candy. At least a handful of people said to us, "Oh, I see you walking/riding your bikes all the time!" Ummmm, OK, we never see you, but OK. The twins really got into the trick-or-treating groove, and although Cayla was a bit nervous all night, she was really enjoying the candy that was being handed out. We only went around our block and by the end of the night, the twins had amassed quite a bit of candy. In fact, at one of the last few houses, when I looked at Collin and said, "What do you say?", he busted out with, "My bag is heavy!!!!" instead of 'Thank you". We ended the night with a candy frenzy, 8pm pizza, and some phone calls to grandparents and friends. My parents didn't hand out candy this year. Can you believe it? OK, they usually only get a few kids and my mom said they didn't get anyone for the past 3 years, but still!!!!
As we were taking Greta around the block the next day, Collin and Cayla, gave a play-by-play account of their previous night's adventure. "We got candy here", "She gave me Doritos", "That's the house with the talking pumpkin (I remember this one too. It made us all jump.)", "The ghosts are gone", "We went through that gate". I'm not sure if they are making it up or really remember, but they've said the same thing at the same houses since Wed morning. And, I'll be honest. I remember EXACTLY which house gave them Lindt truffles.





1 Comments:
Wow, what a lot of candy. And Doritos! Sweet! Jonah gave out candy this year as Charlie Brown - he'll have to wait til next year for the door-to-door excitement.
Uncle Peter
Post a Comment
<< Home