Coolest Mom Ever
For those of you that didn't know, Queso is definitely the coolest mom ever!!!!!
We were out doing errands today (getting the kids passports!!!) and the twins spotted some roadwork (are all small children draw to large yellow machinery?).
"Look!", screamed Collin.
"Look!!!", screamed Cayla, pointing wildly.
"Neat. Look at that", I said (Notice I called the big, yellow, backhoe, shovel thing a "that".)
"Hey. It's a vibrating compactor", said Queso.
Now what other mom do you know that knows the precise names of all that big, yellow equipment? And this isn't the first time Flannery has shared her knowledge. We have a picture dictionary that mislabeled a combine backhoe. And since I'm on the subject of using correct terms, I'm sure you are all aware that the pupal stage of the butterfly is incorrectly called a "cocoon" in The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. We all know that it's a chrysalis. Only moths come out of cocoons!
In the very same errand run that Queso was deemed that world's coolest mom, I earned the title of the most shameless mom. We stopped off at Dairy Queen for an ice cream treat. The twins love throwing things in the garbage (cone wrappers, countless napkins, crap off the ground). So, when I finished my Blizzard (reeses peanut butter cup), I naturally gave Cayla the empty cup to throw away. Obviously, it would be too hard for her to navigate the garbage can while holding her ice cream cone, so I volunteered to hold her cone for her. So, while she threw my trash away, I ate her ice cream cone. "You are shameless", said Flannery.





3 Comments:
"I'm sure you are all aware that the pupal stage of the butterfly is incorrectly called a "cocoon" in The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. We all know that it's a chrysalis. Only moths come out of cocoons!"
Um... yeah. I knew that. Of course I did.
Damn. Yet another reason why we want baby-j to take after his aunts rather than his parents.
Did we mention our plan is reverse-psychology? "Yes, baby-j, you definitely want to go into the arts and NOT the sciences."
In the movie 'Invaders of the Body Snatchers,' I think the duplicate alien humans are 'born' out of cocoons.
Don't forget to remind him that after he goes into the sciences he has a few options. He can go back to school to become an elementary school teacher and ensure that all kindergardeners know how many legs an insect has. (If he takes after his parents I'm sure he can analyze the simularities and differences of moth cocoons vs cocoons portrayed in cinema.) Or, he can get a steady job based on his science degree and then blow all his earnings on a public health degree that will ensure he is first in line to get a lucrative job at a local non-profit organization.
Post a Comment
<< Home